Friday, April 15, 2011


New ceramics project.


I'm not sure about it.


But I just got these photos from a classmate.


And wanted to share.


While I was making these, I got really into the details of the wings. We went to go see the butterflies go free at the Botanical Gardens, and I became aware of how this quilt that my mom made, Hearthrug for Hestia
, kind of looks like one giant butterfly wing. I thought that was a nice idea, and I love this quilt maybe more than anyTHING, so I wanted to share it too.

2 comments:

  1. You are doing such ambitous work.
    It is delicate and feminine, yet monumental at the same time.

    Judy Chicago, move over.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. what i love about you and your mother both
    is this uncanny
    apparently born in
    ability to manipulate the visual aspect
    of texture

    you're remarkably gifted!
    i feel a real sense of seduction from this butterfly piece, though i'm not sure that's intended or maybe that should be something intended of all art

    seduced into taking the time to really examine.

    ReplyDelete